Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Congrats My Bro!

Kandang Kerbau Women & Children Hospital
I received an MMS from my younger brother last Friday, 27th November 2006 while having tea break with my colleagues.

A wonderful MMS indeed. It said "Hi! Uncle Imran, I'm 10 mins old... Danial's Sista."

Praise The Almighty.

My Bro has just become a father to a daughter, his second child. Alya Kalysa is her name. Very unique yet modern name, but with a very good meaning behind its Arabic name.

Alya Kalysa 10 Minutes Old 27 Oct 2006Alya means perpetual and Kalysa means honesty.

The three of us finally got to see the little bouncing baby on Sunday, 29th November at KK Women & Children Hospital.

We left home just before noon, so we had our lunch at Kopitiam at the first level of the hospital.

Chicken Rice with green vegetables in oyster sauce for me to keep my weight in check, while Wifey and our son both had Chicken Macaroni Soup, while outside, the rain started pouring hard, clearing the haze away with it.

Never been so happy to see rain as I did that day! What a blessing!

Went to several baby shops at the hospital to find a gift for our new niece. One particular baby girl dress in white cotton with pink embroidery caught Wifey's eye.

With pouted lips and baby talk, she adored the tiny baby dress. It came together with a receiving blanket, a pair of booties and a pair of pink flower hair clips in a hamper for S$59.90. She just had to have it.

Headed up to the 8th floor room 8223 where the happy family was, to see our little niece. Alya Kalysa was all cozy; bundled-up and sleeping away.

Her Mom was well, and her father's smile was wide from one ear to the other, receiving us.

Alya with her Mom & Wifey
Kalysa looked so precious that sparked Wifey to keep looking at her, touching her... just adoring her. I kind of figured the mother instinct in her sort of kicked-in again as she looked at me.

I guess babies just melt women's hearts. The newborn sweet baby-smell just kicks the motherly instinct in a woman... if I sensed my wife's reaction correctly.

Sat there, traded some baby bringing-up tips and experiences... good, happy stories and tough, trying-times the both of us parents had gone through, bringing-up our children.

We would have gone for Hari Raya visiting to my siblings' homes, but Wifey had to open her shop for business to catch the weekend shopping fever heating up towards the end of the year - the school holidays, the annual dinner and dance parties and the mandatory Christmas shopping.

Was hoping to ride the free KK Hospital Shuttle Service to Wifey's shop, but it was not operating on weekends. Sigh.

Left in a cab for a rather short trip to Bugis Village to drop off Wifey, while my son and I went off to VivoCity for a quick look-see.

We had to make it quick since the next day was the start of our son's final exams.

Oh... do not worry, he has been diligently preparing for his exams with us and his tuition teacher these past few months, so today was a little break for him to relax his mind.

VivoCity was not disappointing at all.

Currently being Singapore's largest shopping mall, it was a great place for relaxation for me than a place for shopping. Thanks to the roof top garden and vast wadding pool overlooking Sentosa.

It was truly fun for my son who just waded through the large knee-deep pool and making friends with the other children there.

Poor Wifey; she was stuck in the shop today... but she came back happy and was exited to tell me how her day went. Business was brisk with lots of exciting "purchases" stories.

I count my blessings everyday. Amin.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Imran! Your neice is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello All,

    Thank you for your visits and messages.

    Gautami T,
    Welcome to my humble blog that is much ado about nothing.

    Ellen,
    You are right!
    A magical mixture of Johnson's and baby newness! Bingo!

    That is exactly the description I was looking for while writing. Thanks for giving my mind closure or I will not stop thinking about it.

    Broody... OK, got it! She will be that whenever she is near a baby. Strangely enough, she is adorable when she is like that, though.

    Barbara,
    Yes, Uncle Imran thinks she is adorable too. A miracle when every baby is born.

    Thanks again. Have a great week everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger