Sunday, September 03, 2006

At My Doorstep


I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Now that I have cleaned-up the "garden" in the corridor in front of my door, I feel liberated. A burden taken off my chest.

It is definitely true from what I read in one of a fellow blogger about stress factors... if you keep off doing something you need to do, it will haunt you and stress your mind until you complete it.


One of my stresses have been relinquished once I finished doing the garden maintenance that I had put off for a good whole month.

Two pots of Fan Palms and a pot of Heliconia plant, already overgrown from the original pots we bought them from... have been re-potted to a much larger terracotta pots from Ikea.

The plants looked happy to me. Though I had no choice but to trim down my wild Duranta plants, cutting off its beautiful dark purple flowers blooming on the ends of its branches.


At the same time. the brightly yellowish-orange fruits were cut off too, leaving some visiting swallows shocked at the sight of me trashing down their lunch.

I repositioned the pots, trying to get as many pot nearest to the iron-rail parapet for maximum sunlight.

Unknown to my wife, the 3 pots of plants that had wilted was quite expensive. At S$60.00 a pot, it was good for half a year before it started to die its slow death, deprived of sunlight.


Even though it was an indoor plant, it needed a bright spot, but the large and heavy terracotta pots were not easy to be moved around. It was a sad state.

I felt like a serial plant killer, killing pot after pot of various "indoor" plants as long as I place them in the middle of the corridor, away from the light.


Hopefully this time, with most of the plants receiving daily morning sunlight, they will flourish even more for us to enjoy the serenity of the "outdoors" right at my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger