Call it Labour Day or May Day, but a public holiday on a Tuesday nonetheless and I made the best of it with family by stretching it longer with dinner out on Monday, right after leaving work. Sweet!
Do nothing, but doing our labour of love with Wifey and Son... let me list the ways...
1. Food! Eat and be merry.
- Met Wifey and Son at Courts Megastore at Tampines Avenue 10 and had a big sumptuous dinner.
- Wifey had its Weekly Special comprising of Laksa for entre, Red Bean Soup for desert and a soft drink.
- Son and myself both had Fish & Chips with Cream Cake for desert.
- A jumbo Thai Salad side dish for 3.
- Wifey is trying to figure out what the sauce comprised of to maybe recreate it at home. Yes, it was that good!
2. Music! Listen & de-stress!
- Off to the IT & Electrical Department after dinner where we bought 4 music CDs of our current favourite singers... Andrea Bocelli's Amore, Christina Aguilera's Back to Basics, Beyonce's B'Day and Nelly Furtado's Loose.
- Once home, I wasted no time to rip the CDs on my iMac and loaded into everyone's MP3 players.
3. Knowledge! To the future and beyond!
- We had quite a busy day yesterday. Instead of doing nothing, we had an 11:00am appointment with our Son's Malay Language tuition teacher from ECC.
- Mr. Rani enlightened us with what to expect for our Son's August Oral and September PSLE Written exam formats and the strategy to choosing the correct secondary school.
- We have seen vast improvement in our Son's command of the Malay language which is his weakest subject. Mr. Rani is expecting him to score an A for it. Hopefully.
- We had a very satisfying Mee Kuah for lunch at a Indira Coffee Shop in front of Masjid Kassim. Delicious! I will come for more.
4. Pets! Love thy neighbours... HamsterVille.
- Hopped on the MRT and to Eastpoint at Simei and shopped for a new cage with a partition in the middle for the feuding pair,.
- 3 sets of "thread-wheels" to replace the worn-out ones from various homes since these residents are so... health conscious.
- And giving a try with the new corn cob bedding for them, since these are recommended to be even more absorbent and longer-lasting.
5. Shopping! Groceries after pay-day.
- Then off to NTUC Fairprice at the basement for our monthly grocery shopping and then to the 5th floor for Banquet Foodcourt for our packed dinner... and able to actually reached home, in time for Wifey's favourite Korean "I love my wife..." whatever show.
A good holiday for everyone here. A great day even, when you're doing it with and for family.
Oh yes, short work-week this week. Yes!