Sunday, July 30, 2006

That's Not Right!

Tampines Mall And The Moon
After Maghrib prayers, I set off with my son to Tampines Mall to have dinner out and buy accessories for my "other children" at home... the baby hamsters.

By now, a month old or so, they are pretty much like teenagers... in hamster years.

I have to separate them after 3 out of 6 of them went missing from the "Big House," and now found, the rest of the siblings do not accept them to cohabit anymore. Hmmm...

Why? That is a long story, another time perhaps.

Anyway, we ate dinner at MacDonald's... yes my son's choice tonight, where he gobbled down a Big Mac up-sized meal with Ice Milo.

I had the same, but I could hardly finish it with the last few bites, but my son surprisingly finished his meal after he had Chicken Rice an hour before at home!

I though he just wanted a Milk Shake and some fries to munch, but a whole meal was truly impressive. He is a light eater, so tonight was astonishing!

We then went to the Pet Shop in the basement; the reason we went there for. Fortunately found the water bottle for $6.20 and hamster wheel for $13.90 that were perfect to fit the plastic container, formerly "housed" my son's Red Eared Sliders before. Perfect!

Well that is not the highlight of this post.

Calbee Potato ChipsWe next went over to NTUC FairPrice supermarket at the basement for some groceries to top up the fridge and for some foodstuff.

That is when I saw at isle 14, a teenage couple tearing open a packet of Calbee Potato Chips, left it wide open and ate its content off the shelve discreetly.

That's not right! Did I just witness that?

I was shocked but unsure if the packet was their brought into the supermarket, but before I could turn away to continue shopping, the guy went a few steps over and tore another packet!

This time, he opened a packet of prawn crackers.

Oblivious to other shoppers, the couple did the same way. With the packet laid wide open on the shelve, they helped themselves with a few mouthfuls. They would have finished it if they had not realized that I was watching them.

Calbee Prawn CrackersAs though looking for other items, they walked away casually, but their eyes stole glimpses of me from time time.

Suspecting that I saw them, I walked away to the other isle, pretending that I was unaware of what they were doing.

I frantically walked in all directions trying to find a security officer, or at least NTUC's staff, but neither was nowhere to be seen, except for the rows and rows of busy cashiers.

Hmmm... That's not right! Strange.. where are the authorities when you need them.

I just had to make another trip to isle 14 to be sure of myself.

True enough, the couple was there again "finishing off" their snack of potato chips they left a while ago. I would think some people may have seen them, but chose to turn a blind eye.

That's definitely not right! My heart was boiling hot then!

NTUC FairPrice LogoI made another round again and finally met an NTUC staff. I told her about the young couple, their description and what they are doing now at isle 14.

The lady thanked me, but I felt she looked uneasy to take action. I followed her until before she turned the corner at isle 14 and waited. I would have offered to be a witness if she wanted me too.

She appeared again from the isle and looked and me, smiled and thanked me again as she nodded.

Ok... maybe she will call the security or something, I can go about my business now...

Yikes! I then remembered my son! I think I left him several isles down!

"Ayah! Where have you been?" he quipped as he finally caught up with me.

"Will you please stop moving around everywhere so fast!" with a bewildering yet frustrating face.

"I cannot get past these people with this shopping cart, you know!" he nagged at me.


I could only say I was sorry and told him that I would explain everything as we moved to the checkout counter.

"So what's the matter?" he asked, almost demanding an explanation why he was abandoned with the shopping cart. I could not help it but just laughed inside.

Shopping Cart AwayI explained to him about the whole matter teenage couple I saw and I would think they had been caught, or something. My son pushed the empty shopping cart back while I waited at the exit.

To my surprise, the couple went out of the check-out counter, still smiling to each other like they were in a lover's heaven, as if nothing had happened. A daring act accomplished?!

That's definitely not right!! My jaw dropped to the floor.

Well, guess it was their lucky day. They got away with it.

As far as I was concern, I think I did the correct thing. That is life for you.

The couple was a lovely match. They both were pleasant-looking.

The guy was good looking and looked like a smart young man; and the girl, pretty and demure. You would never have thought they could do such a thing.

They make an ideal partner... in crime!

Sadly, their inside did not looked as good as their outside. Teenage dare, or "when you are young, you do stupid things" garbage, I think...

That's not right! In fact, I think that stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger