Monday, July 17, 2006

Ghosts No More

Ghost Whisperer Pilot Episode 101
Episode 101: Pilot

Date: September 23, 2005

Synopsis: Melinda Gordon has a gift. Ever since she was a girl she possessed the ability to receive messages from spirits that have passed.

These spirits use Melinda as a conduit to pass messages to the living. . . sometimes this information is too intense and scattered to understand.

This leads to skepticism by the living and confusion for Melinda. But when she is able to aid both the deceased and the living Melinda realizes this unearthly talent is gift to human kind and that it is her calling to help all those that have passed connect to those that have survived.

Pilot Description: Melinda is channeled by the spirit of a soldier who doesn't know he is dead. After researching this man, Melinda learns that he died 30 years ago in Vietnam. Melinda gets in touch with the soldier's son to help them find closure.


Ghost Whisperer Jennifer Love HewitMY TAKE: This wonderful new series that Singapore's Channel 5 has started showing every Friday night at 10:00pm is really enchanting, above anything ghostly.

Spooky, yes creates the excitement of a ghost movie it seems, but more of people finding closures with the things and dreams that had gone unfulfilled when their time was up.

The same too for the people they left behind. The show is warm and has a good plot for the pilot. Jennifer Love Hewit is still as attractive as ever. Love Hewitt.

My son watched it at the beginning with a ready-pillow to cover his face.

The passing shadows, the weired music and the expected in-your-face ghost pop-ups never fail to scare the wits out of my son.

Wify will have a ready-pillow with her too, not watching ghost movies though, but serial killer-type of movies.

Guess my son has to learn that humans cause more harm to each other than ghosts ever do in our daily lives.

Do not really know why he is so "ultra-terrified" of ghosts. Understandably I was a child once and yes, I was scared too, but both of us as parents try very hard to not make him scared of ghosts, but he just is.

Maybe from the many ghost movies we watched on our home theater system. Maybe when children talk amongst themselves. The bogeyman out to get them. I just do not know. Hope it is phase that will go away as he grows up.

I noticed he did use the "ready-pillow" at all during the entire show. He however cried when the soldier and his son found closure.

I was surprised that he identified with the longing, the resolution both the living and the dead seek, and he actually cried! He was totally embarrassed.

I acted as if I did not notice. I have to admit the scene was very touching... sad, wish-could-turn-back-time kind of feeling, but finally closure... warm, satisfied... the best way, given the circumstances they were in.

Hello Boy Movie Poster
Alright... for now Ghosts No More! as far as my son is concern, I think. He is actually looking forward to watch next week about a little boy who does not seem to understand that he is already dead. Interesting.

Now stories with demons it totally a different issue altogether. Sigh. Have to get through that with him somehow. Wonder if there is any good show... Hell Boy?... no, good show....

Heck! For me too sometimes, when I watch scary movies alone at night. Fortunately my fear fades quickly after that, because The Almighty is where I seek my strength... is where he has to seek his strength from too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger