Friday, June 30, 2006

40fied And Stronger

Happy 40th Birthday, Imran!
Guess what day is today?

Not really sure if this is a cause for a celebration, though... I turned 40 today.

The big Four-O! A year older, but yet to find out if I am a year wiser, than last year.

Wished there were something special today, but like any other day, the same routine. Hardly anybody at work remembered my birthday. I take it being 40 is not a cause for celebration there.

Anyway I received a sweet text message from Wify once I reached work and at my desk. That was nice to start the day with.

Then more text messages came in beeping my cell phone with well wishes. These were all from my insurance agents... from NTUC, from AIA and from Prudential.

After that, the day was pretty much mundane like any other working day. I kept my spirits up not so much because it is my birthday, but because it is a Friday, and a payday! Yey!

Funny right. this childish glee. That scares me sleepless sometimes. At 40 years old, I do not feel that I am any wiser. I feel just old!

So, with nothing interesting to write, I list down what it feels to be 40. No, no... just a year older:
  1. My slowing metabolism seems to bulk me up, but some say I am fat.
  2. My face starts to have defined "happy" lines, but some call them wrinkles.
  3. My hair tends to get natural highlights, but some say I am greying.
  4. Talk about sleepless nights, I would be in slumber-land right after meals.
  5. My left knee starts to crackle, definitely complaining about me.
  6. My back seems to freeze at one position right after bending down.
  7. I would write more, but my memory seems to... what was I saying?

Now, what am I grateful for at 40? Many wonderful things:

  1. I have a loving wife who neurishes my soul.
  2. I have an intelligent son who always amazes me.
  3. I have 2 loving parents who I just love so dearly.
  4. I have a nice house where my heart feels at home, I always want to be home.
  5. I have the opportunity to make my own decisions.
  6. I have have the freedom to practise my faith and culture.
  7. I have Blogspot to keep-safe my thoughts and speak out loud, in my own terms

I have my own sanctuary and I have my sanity. I got the gift of a good life.

I thank The Almighty for all these years and the opportunity to do the things I want to do... some are well... backlog agenda that I may decide to do and some just dreams to keep my spirits high and my hopes alive.

I love life. I am passionate about life. Happy birthday to me!

I am fortified and going stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger