Monday, June 26, 2006

Two The Neptune!

Tampines Street 33 Neptune Healthcare Medical & Surgery
Wify finally decided to heed my advice to see the doctor late afternoon, hours after she "purposely" endured the pain by sleeping it off.

Just as I told her, it would not just go away by sleeping it off!

Since it was Sunday, our family doctor had already closed. They are open up to noon on weekends.

So we decided to go to Neptune Healthcare Medical & Surgery at Tampines Street 33. It opens daily till 11:00pm.

My son had to have his second toe on his right leg examined too, since the swollen has not subsided and the toe still felt tender.

He requires a medical chit to excuse him from wearing shoes in school for a while.

There were 3 other people at the clinic waiting to see the doctor before our turn.

Tampines Street 33 Block 357 Neptune ClinicThere was a teenager who apparently had flu. He was short of $3,00 to pay for the consultation and medication fees.

With several people and families there, he approached me to borrow some for some reason.

Wander why? Do I look approachable with apathy... or can I be passed-off as a sucker?...

He offered his cell phone number to contact him. He intended to return the money when he got it from his parents when the came back home in the evening.

I just gave him the money instead.

Not worth the hassle. I just took it as a "minute savior" for the day for him, a good deed done for the day for me.

All 3 of us went into the consultation room when my son's name was called by the doctor.

Dr. Lim Hsiu Wang was the attending doctor for the day.

He did not like what he saw of our son's toe. It sort of like slanted to the right. He suspected a fracture, but not compound. He believed the swelling may have made it slanted, but he needed to be sure.

Our son has to go for an x-ray today to be totally sure, but for now Dr. Lim prescribed him anti-inflammatory for the swelling, and pain-killer pills for now.

Our son was given 2 days medical leave for now off from school. He may need an extended medical leave if it is really broken.

Tampines Street 33 Kopi Tiam Son With Seafood Fried Rice
His x-ray is scheduled to be before noon today, at Medical Imaging X-ray & Diagnostic Centre at Block 138 Tampines Street 11.

I did not know there is such a centre within the housing estate. That is a plus point, even though the Changi General Hospital is just 10 minutes away from our home in Simei.

Next was Wfiy...

Surprisingly, she had a temperature of 38.7 degrees Celsius. She had high fever, but she did not complain that much, just her sore throat. She slept most of the day instead.

And yes, her throat has pus too! I could not believe it, but that was what the doctor said. It was the first time I heard of such a thing with sore throats.

Where have I been living all this while...?

Had dinner at Tampines Mart Kopi Tiam. The Malay Food Junction shop Tom Yum Seafood Noodle Wify and I had was quite good and worth the money at $4.00 each, while our son eat Seafood Fried Rice which tasted great!

Tampines Street 33 Kopi Tiam Wify Without Appetite
Wify, an avid fan of Tom Yam like me, could not even finish half a bowl. Her appetite was just not good. I could only imagine the throbbing pain in her head. My poor angle.

And yes, I am on urgent leave today again! I am fortunate that my Boss is an understanding family man himself too.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger