Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spirit Of Celebration

Aidilfitri 2009 KL Family Portrait

As I had envisioned and calculated the plan in my mind weeks earlier, Hari Raya Aidilfitri being on Sunday, the following Monday becomes a public holiday.

An ideal timing since Wifey's family was coming all the way from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to celebrate their Raya here this year. Monday was the perfect day to be with them!

Braving the 5 to 6 hour-long drive, there will be 3 to 4 families coming to Singapore to celebrate this special day with Wifey and her two sisters who are living here.

As I had figured, we will have double celebration this year. Everything should all work out so well!

On Sunday, Wifey, Sonny and I will go visiting to my parents and in-laws on the first day of Hari Raya. We will then have the whole day on Monday to spend time together with Wifey's family and go visiting to her side of the family, relatives and close friends.

We have already planned and booked a coach this weekend where we will then spend the whole Saturday with my side of the family, visiting my side of the family, grandparents and relatives.

Perfect! Or so I thought...


While Wifey and Sonny were out with her family on the second day of Hari Raya, stuffing themselves with lots of yummy cookies and delicious home-cooked meals that are especially prepared for visitors at her relatives' and close friends' homes, I was home alone.

Nursing myself and numbing my physical pain... and sadness, with loads of drugs from the doctor, stuffed in my body while I desperately tried to get better.

For what it was worth, it was not a total loss when they finally arrived at our home.

The atmosphere was just as electric with high energy, just like as previous years. With lots of laughter and chats, we closed the gaps we had been separated by, from the 2 or more years we had been geographically apart.

Except for this sickly body, everyone else looked radiant and so happy to be together once again.

This year, I realized that the once children, have grown to become teenagers. No longer the shy nephews and nieces I remembered but spontaneous and confident young adults.

We truly had a good time together. Our home was their last stop, so they spent a longer time here which was just the dosage I needed to get me back into the spirit of true celebration. My zest for celebrations starts flowing again... even though the drips from my nose are too.


I know Wifey is already; but I am going to miss them once they leave for home this Friday. I already missed my mother-in-law... a genuinely warm and friendly lady.

Wishing them a safe journey back home. May peace and happiness be with them throughout the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger