I have always thought of myself as a bit of a day-dreamer since I was small.
The habit never really out-grown me because I sometimes find myself so immersed in that little world of mine, all lost in time but with a smile on my face as I loose track of time here on planet earth.
That may probably explain the "not-so-impressive" grades I have been getting at school... I was not as attentive as I should have been in class except during art class. The thing that I love to do and at least good at.
The thought of creative things at times overtakes me. I can feel the rush of excitement overwhelms me just by thinking about it. Most times these days, that excitement can keep me awake at night. 24 hours a day does not seem to be enough when the creative juices kick in.
This is one of the few "remnants" of my childhood that is still with me today and am thankful for while the rest have faded away through the years... just silly childhood dreams gone unfulfilled in this life time.
Dreams are one thing, but happy times are another. The happiest times I can remember are from my childhood as with many adults I believe. This post is inspired by a dear blogger friend, Sis*Star Kylita with her Ten Childhood Memories list.
Below is my list of ten from the many endless happy times in my childhood that I still remember. Reminiscing it alone carves a big smile on my face...
- Daydream on my favourite water-apple tree.
- Swimming in flood water in my village during heavy rain.
- Playing firecrackers during Ramadan month.
- Playing kampung games with the village friends.
- Rescue and adopt kittens off the streets.
- Climbing and picking fruits off guava trees.
- Family picnics at Changi Beach.
- Own and care for chicks I bought with my own money.
- Going home from school on a trishaw.
- Eating satay bought from the traveling hawker.