Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Internet Radio Rocks!


It just occurred to me that subscribers to Starhub's Premium Broadband package will enjoy a free upgrade from a newspapers announcement a few weeks ago.

I realized this when I received an email from Starhub that my home will enjoy up to 100Mbps upgrade from our paid 12Mbps line. Yes!!!

I believe Sonny is so pleased with this as he must have noticed a much better online game experience these few days.

No wonder the internet radio I always turn on whenever I am on my iMac has continuous streaming since last weekend. I had very few interruptions and was thinking I was just plain lucky.

The free upgrade started on Friday, 17 July 2009. I am lucky... along with the other Premium Subscribers.

I am now tuned to a better sounding quality internet radio when I switched the Bit Rate, jumping to 192 from the normal 128... taken into account most radio station sources are from the United States. On top of that, the streaming is exceptional too at this higher rate.

Thank you Starhub!

It needs a competitor to increase the quality and standard of service on this island that benefits its consumer unlike another major IP that focuses much on squeezing every last penny from its subscribers.

Starhub has answered the call favorably as far as I am concern.

I am tempted to jump ship for a bundled package for my cellphone line with my cable TV with this provider as well. That should save me some money monthly and also support such provider that has its consumers' interest in mind.

2 comments:

  1. I just wish I could get any music let alone any videos on this darn old pc I'm on these days! Hope to have my laptop repaired at some point but meanwhile just greatful I have something to do my blog and comment on other's blogs..though it's so sloooowwww...and no sound or music or able to look at, let alone download videos for my blog..patience is a virtue..so I will just have to be..

    Muhd, when you get a chance would you mind letting Andrew (from past tense blog) know that I've tried to get on his blog over and over but no post show just one half side of his blog...and my pc is unable to download any of it. Would you mind telling him it would be great if he might be able to drop by my blog to help celebrate my blog anniversary? Andrew and I started our blogs about the same time frame I'm pretty sure so I do hope to hear from him and wish him 4th blog anniversy also.

    Thank you Muhd and many Blessings,

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to check it out!

    Hope all is well with you and your family.

    Have a wonderful week
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your messages. I will also try to answer any questions you may have for me.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Regards,
Muhd Imran
PAL Blogger